Battleground Ave. / Benjamin Pkwy / Cone Blvd. Intersection Improvements
Affected Counties: Guilford
The city of Greensboro is proposing three separate improvements to make the Battleground Avenue/Cone Boulevard/Benjamin Parkway intersection more efficient.
- Widening Battleground Avenue to Cone Boulevard to include a northbound right turn lane
- Widening Cone Boulevard to Battleground Avenue to include a westbound left turn lane
- The removal of the southbound right turn slip lane and adding a traditional southbound right turn lane on Battleground Avenue
City of Greensboro: Official Project Page
The city of Greensboro held a public meeting for affected property owners and businesses in April 2013 to discuss potential impacts.
- Right-of-Way Acquisition - January 2013
- Utility Relocation - Late 2013
- Construction - Summer 2014
Right-of-way acquisitions are scheduled to begin January 2013. A budget for these takings has not been released.
If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys for a free case evaluation.