Battleground Avenue and Westridge Road Intersection
Project Type: Intersection improvements
Affected Counties: Guilford
Estimated Cost: $3,530,000
The NCDOT will be making roadway and sidewalk improvements at the intersection of Battleground Avenue (U.S. 220) and Westridge Road in Greensboro to include:
- An additional northbound through lane on Battleground Avenue
- Dual northbound left turn lanes on Battleground Avenue to Westridge Road
- Concrete and landscaped medians on Battleground Avenue and Westridge Road
- New traffic light at Battleground Avenue and the northern most entrance to Westridge Square Shopping Center
- Sidewalks along both sides of Battleground Avenue and Westridge Road
- Sidewalk along Old Battleground Avenue from the A&Y greenway to Battleground Avenue
Improvements are the result of continued growth in the area, with Battleground Avenue operating at near capacity.
- Right-of-way acquisition: In process
- Construction Start Date: 2016
- Construction End Date: 2017
More than five parcels of land will be affected by this project. Currently the NCDOT has set aside $430,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our eminent domain attorneys for a free case evaluation, or call 1-877-393-4990.