Country Club Road Widening (Rocky Mount)
Project # U-3331
Affected Counties: Nash
Estimated Cost: $15,885,000
In keeping with the Hunter Hill road widening, the NCDOT and City of Rocky Mount also plan to widen approximately 1.4 miles of Country Club Road (SR 1616) from U.S. 64 Business (Buck Lenard Boulevard) to Jeffreys Road (S.R. 1541).
The Country Club Road widening project will convert Country Club Rd. from a two-lane road to a four-lane median-divided roadway. A sidewalk will also be added along the east side of the new road.
According to the NCDOT, the purpose of this project is to "increase the traffic carrying capacity ...and to improve safety due to the high number of rear-end and left-turn accidents."
The NCDOT held a public meeting on the project on November, 2012.
- Rocky Mount Telegram: "DOT work cramps Country Club Road"
- Rocky Mount Telegram: "Shopping center renovations resume"
- Rocky Mount Telegram: "Looking for answers for Country Club plaza"
- Rocky Mount Telegram: "Businesses decry road-widening plan"
Click here for a map of this project.
- Right-of-way acquisition - Currently underway
- Construction - June, 2014
We estimate that about 50 home and business owners will be affected by this project - some will be required to relocate. The budget for right-of-way takings is estimated at $6,085,000.
If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys for a free case evaluation.