Green Level West Road Widening
Type: Road Widening
Affected Counties: Wake
Estimated Cost: $4,650,000
The Town of Cary plans to widen the eastern segment of Green Level West Road from the northbound ramps at Western Wake Freeway (N.C. 540) to N.C. 55. Road width will increase from two to four lanes, and include a median-divided section, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, street lighting, and wide outside bike lanes for cyclists.
According to the town of Cary, these improvements will offer:
- Additional roadway capacity for Cary commuters, resulting in less traffic congestion, reduced emissions, and time and fuel savings
- Sidewalk continuity to help improve pedestrian connectivity
- Wide outside lanes to accommodate experienced cyclists, allowing residents to use alternative modes of travel. Green Level West Road is part of N.C. Bike Route 2, the Mountains to Sea Route, that runs from Manteo to Murphy
Map (Project Location)
- Right-of-way acquisition: In progress
- Construction Start Date: 2017
- Construction End Date: 2018
More than five parcels of land will be affected by this project. Currently the city has set aside $250,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our eminent domain attorneys for a free case evaluation, or call 1-877-393-4990.