N.C. 279 Safety Improvements
Project # W-5212N
Type: Safety improvements
Affected Counties: Gaston
Estimated Cost: $13,090,000
The NCDOT plans to add passing lanes along a 7.8-mile stretch of N.C. 279 from Camp Sertoma Road to St. Mark’s Church Road between the towns of Dallas and Cherryville in Gaston County. Passing lanes will be constructed in four locations to include:
- Whitesides Road to St. Marks Church Road
- Ashbrook Park Road to Davis Creek Court
- Besstown Road to just west of Long Shoals Road
- White Jenkins Road to a bit west of Durkee Lane
By adding passing lanes, it is hoped that traffic flow and safety will improve by reducing the number of car wrecks along this corridor.
- Right-of-way acquisition - 2017
- Construction - 2018
It is estimated that more than 15 parcels of property will be impacted by this project. Currently the NCDOT has set aside $3,000,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys (two of whom previously worked on behalf of the NCDOT) for a free case evaluation.