Providence Road Sidewalk Construction
NCDOT TIP # C-5541
Project Type: Sidewalk Construction
Affected Counties: Mecklenburg
Estimated Cost: $ 938,000
The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) and the City of Charlotte plan to construct a new sidewalk in Charlotte on the southwest side of Providence Road between Mammoth Oaks Drive and East Barden Road.
Supporters believe this 0.65-mile section will make it safer for pedestrians by filling many of the gaps of the sidewalk network in that area.
However, some residents are concerned about the potential impacts on the surrounding area. This project and other expansions will be affecting business, land, and home owners in Charlotte.
- The Charlotte Observer: "Pedestrians Beware: Charlotte ranks among worst in the US for walking"
- WCNC.com: "City of Charlotte launces sidewalk campaign"
- WSOCTV.com: "South Charlotte residents to hold meeting about new sidewalk plans"
- Right-of-way acquisition - 2015
- Start Construction - 2016
- Completion Date - TBD (Based on Federal Funds Authorization)
Currently the DOT has set aside $500,000 for right-of-way takings, which include more than 15 parcels of land.
If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys for a free case evaluation, or call us at 1-877-393-4990.