C.F. Harvey (NC 148) Parkway Extension
Project # R-5703
Type: Parkway Extension
Affected Counties: Lenoir
Estimated Cost: $96,140,000
The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) is moving forward in their efforts to extend C.F. Harvey Parkway just north of Kinston in Lenoir County.
The extension includes an interchange at the current end of C.F. Harvey Parkway, just south of the Kinston Regional Jetport. The new 5.8-mile route takes the extension from the interchange to just east of Sharon Church Road with an interchange near Grainger Station Road.
The purpose of the extension is to improve connectivity in the area and region in northern Kinston between US 70, NC 58, NC 148, and NC 11. Specific areas that would benefit include:
- Global TransPark
- S. 70 Industrial Park
- Industrial facilities along NC 11
- Points of interest northeast of Kinston, including Greenville and ECU Medical Center
- D.O.T. moving forward with C.F. Harvey Parkway extension
- Century old home in path of Harvey Parkway expansion
- WCTI12: Law firm to host event about ‘Eminent Domain’ over two area state projects
- WCTI12: Homeowners rights meeting held over Lenoir County DOT project
- Right-of-way acquisition – February 2017
- Begin Construction – 2018
- End Construction – 2020
It is estimated that more than 50 parcels of land will be impacted by this project. Currently, the NCDOT has set aside $8,232,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys (two of whom previously worked on behalf of the NCDOT) for a free case evaluation.