The NCDOT plans to widen the roadway and improve shoulders along three separate sections of N.C. 268 – a total of 9.7 miles. Specific sections scheduled for improvements include:
- North Wilkesboro – 0.8 miles just west of Martin Road to just east of Elmore Road
- North Wilkesboro – 1.4 miles just west of Riddle Road to just east Arbor Grove Church Road
- Elkin – 7.5 miles from White Plains Church Road in Roaring River to just west of Austin Traphill Road
Proponents suggest these efforts are necessary for safety reasons and to make it easier for traffic traveling to and from I-77 into and out of North Wilkesboro, as the area grows.
- Right-of-way acquisition – Currently underway
- Start Construction – 2016
More than 15 parcels of land will be affected by this project. Currently the NCDOT has set aside $3,125,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our eminent domain attorneys for a free case evaluation, or call 1-877-393-4990.
Get a free case
There are only a handful of attorneys in NC who practice eminent domain exclusively, and even fewer with NCDOT experience. We have several. That’s why its worth getting in touch with us for a free case evaluation.
Here’s how it works:
1) Tell us about your situation.
2) We research your property as needed, using DOT maps, our own technology, and experience to see the exact effects.
3) We let you know what we think a fair offer would be. This evaluation is free, and there’s no
pressure or obligation to hire us after.
But please don’t wait to act. Waiting can hurt your case, and the cost is the same: free.
"*" indicates required fields