The NCDOT plans to add passing lanes along a 7.8-mile stretch of NC 279 from Camp Sertoma Road to St. Mark’s Church Road between the towns of Dallas and Cherryville in Gaston County. Passing lanes will be constructed in four locations to include:
- Whitesides Road to St. Marks Church Road
- Ashbrook Park Road to Davis Creek Court
- Besstown Road to just west of Long Shoals Road
- White Jenkins Road to a bit west of Durkee Lane
By adding passing lanes, it is hoped that traffic flow and safety will improve by reducing the number of car wrecks along this corridor.
- Right-of-way acquisition – 2017
- Construction – 2018
It is estimated that more than 15 parcels of property will be impacted by this project. Currently the NCDOT has set aside $3,000,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys (four of whom previously worked on behalf of the NCDOT) for a free case evaluation.
Get a free case
There are only a handful of attorneys in NC who practice eminent domain exclusively, and even fewer with NCDOT experience. We have several. That’s why its worth getting in touch with us for a free case evaluation.
Here’s how it works:
1) Tell us about your situation.
2) We research your property as needed, using DOT maps, our own technology, and experience to see the exact effects.
3) We let you know what we think a fair offer would be. This evaluation is free, and there’s no
pressure or obligation to hire us after.
But please don’t wait to act. Waiting can hurt your case, and the cost is the same: free.
"*" indicates required fields