The NCDOT proposes to improve a 4.3-mile stretch of New Leicester Highway (NC 63) from Jones Road to about 600 feet past the Newfound Road (SR 1004)/Dix Creek Chapel Road (SR 1375) intersection in Buncombe County.
Proposed improvements include a four-lane divided roadway, intersections, and a 23-foot grass median, which transitions to a three-lane undivided roadway with curb and gutter through the Leicester community.
- Right-of-way acquisition – 2016
- Start Construction – 2016
- End Construction – estimated 2017
More than 100 parcels of land will be affected by this project. Currently, the NCDOT has set aside $9,600,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys for a free case evaluation, or call 1-877-393-4990.
Get a free case
There are only a handful of attorneys in NC who practice eminent domain exclusively, and even fewer with NCDOT experience. We have several. That’s why its worth getting in touch with us for a free case evaluation.
Here’s how it works:
1) Tell us about your situation.
2) We research your property as needed, using DOT maps, our own technology, and experience to see the exact effects.
3) We let you know what we think a fair offer would be. This evaluation is free, and there’s no
pressure or obligation to hire us after.
But please don’t wait to act. Waiting can hurt your case, and the cost is the same: free.
"*" indicates required fields