NC 63 (New Leicester Highway) Road Widening
Project # U-3301
Type: Road Widening
Affected Counties: Buncombe
Estimated Cost: $34,900,000
The NCDOT proposes to improve a 4.3-mile stretch of New Leicester Highway (NC 63) from Jones Road to about 600 feet past the Newfound Road (SR 1004)/Dix Creek Chapel Road (SR 1375) intersection in Buncombe County.
Proposed improvements include a four-lane divided roadway, intersections, and a 23-foot grass median, which transitions to a three-lane undivided roadway with curb and gutter through the Leicester community.
- Potential compensation battles loom over DOT Leicester Hwy widening project
- Ask 13: New Leicester Highway Widening
- Right-of-way acquisition - 2016
- Start Construction - 2016
- End Construction - estimated 2017
More than 100 parcels of land will be affected by this project. Currently the NCDOT has set aside $9,600,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys for a free case evaluation, or call 1-877-393-4990.