The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) plans to construct a multi-lane roadway along two sections of NC 24:
- From Southeast Blvd (Bus 701) to Cecil Odie Road
- Widening and interchange improvements at the intersection of Hwy 701 and Sunset Ave. (NC 24)
NC 24 is a major connector between Fort Bragg in Fayetteville and Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville. This section (R-2303E) is part of a larger plan to expand NC 24 and link it with I-40. The larger project extends nearly 40 miles from Interstate 95 to Warsaw and affects Cumberland, Sampson, and Duplin counties.
The purpose of these changes is to alleviate traffic congestion in the area and improve the overall function of NC 24.
- Right-of-way acquisition – 2017
- Start Construction – 2020
- End Construction – 2022
It is estimated that over 65 parcels of property will be impacted by this project. Currently the NCDOT has set aside $7,250,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys (four of whom previously worked on behalf of the NCDOT) for a free case evaluation.
Get a free case
There are only a handful of attorneys in NC who practice eminent domain exclusively, and even fewer with NCDOT experience. We have several. That’s why its worth getting in touch with us for a free case evaluation.
Here’s how it works:
1) Tell us about your situation.
2) We research your property as needed, using DOT maps, our own technology, and experience to see the exact effects.
3) We let you know what we think a fair offer would be. This evaluation is free, and there’s no
pressure or obligation to hire us after.
But please don’t wait to act. Waiting can hurt your case, and the cost is the same: free.
"*" indicates required fields