NC 24/US 421 (Sunset Ave) to Cecil Odie Rd Construction
NCDOT TIP # R-2303E
Project Type: Multi-lane construction
Affected Counties: Sampson
Estimated Cost: $ 34,750,000
The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) plans to construct a multi-lane roadway along two sections of NC 24:
- From Southeast Blvd (Bus 701) to Cecil Odie Road
- Widening and interchange improvements at the intersection of Hwy 701 and Sunset Ave. (NC 24)
NC 24 is a major connector between Fort Bragg in Fayetteville and Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville. This section (R-2303E) is part of a larger plan to expand NC 24 and link it with I-40. The larger project extends nearly 40 miles from Interstate 95 to Warsaw and affects Cumberland, Sampson, and Duplin counties.
The purpose of these changes is to alleviate traffic congestion in the area and improve the overall function of NC 24.
- The Sampson Independent: C. 24 Support Expands
- The Sampson Independent: C. 24 Project Extended
- The Sampson Independent: C. 24 Plans Progress
- Right-of-way acquisition – 2017
- Start Construction – 2020
- End Construction – 2022
It is estimated that over 65 parcels of property will be impacted by this project. Currently the NCDOT has set aside $7,250,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys (four of whom previously worked on behalf of the NCDOT) for a free case evaluation.