The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) plans to widen US 401/Louisburg Road to four divided lanes in Franklin County through Wake Forest, Harris and Louisburg.
The NCDOT plans to complete the project in two sections:
- Section R-2814C – will pick up where the new Rolesville Bypass left off, at NC 96 in Wake Forest, and extend 6 miles, ending north of SR 1103.
- Section R-2814D – will pick up where section C left off and extend 4.4 miles, ending north of SR 1700 at Louisburg, NC, near the Triangle North Executive Airport.
Supporters hope this project will improve traffic flow, safety, provide economic growth for Franklin County and Warren County, and provide better access to Franklin Regional Hospital.
However, there are some concerns about the potential impacts on businesses, land, and home owners.
News and Observer: “NCDOT plan fights urban congestion with light-rail and freeway upgrades”
Triangle Business Journal: “New NCDOT plan revives several Triangle road projects”
The Franklin Times: “Talking Points for US 401 Widening“
- Right-of-way acquisition– 2015
- Start Construction– 2017 (may be delayed)
- Completion Date– TBD
Get a free case
There are only a handful of attorneys in NC who practice eminent domain exclusively, and even fewer with NCDOT experience. We have several. That’s why its worth getting in touch with us for a free case evaluation.
Here’s how it works:
1) Tell us about your situation.
2) We research your property as needed, using DOT maps, our own technology, and experience to see the exact effects.
3) We let you know what we think a fair offer would be. This evaluation is free, and there’s no
pressure or obligation to hire us after.
But please don’t wait to act. Waiting can hurt your case, and the cost is the same: free.
"*" indicates required fields