The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) plans to widen to four lanes with a median or turn lane, as well as make additional improvements to NC 69 from the Georgia state line to US 64 at the Hayesville Bypass in Hayesville, North Carolina. This 3.8-mile project is a subset of a much larger 4.5-mile widening project that also includes lane widening from US 64/NC 69 to east of NC 175.
- Right-of-way acquisition – 2018
- Start Construction – 2019
- End construction -2021
It is estimated that more than 55 parcels of property will be impacted by this project. Currently the NCDOT has set aside $14,700,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys (two of whom previously worked on behalf of the NCDOT) for a free case evaluation.
Get a free case
There are only a handful of attorneys in NC who practice eminent domain exclusively, and even fewer with NCDOT experience. We have several. That’s why its worth getting in touch with us for a free case evaluation.
Here’s how it works:
1) Tell us about your situation.
2) We research your property as needed, using DOT maps, our own technology, and experience to see the exact effects.
3) We let you know what we think a fair offer would be. This evaluation is free, and there’s no
pressure or obligation to hire us after.
But please don’t wait to act. Waiting can hurt your case, and the cost is the same: free.
"*" indicates required fields