Horse Pen Creek Road Widening
Affected Counties: Guilford
This project plans to widen a 3.4-mile section of Horse Pen Creek Road from New Garden Road (SR 2179) to Battleground Avenue (U.S. 220). The current two-lane stretch will be widened to a four-lane road with curb and gutter, sidewalks, bicycle lanes and a raised landscaped median.
The Horse Pen Creek Road Widening project was initiated because the current traffic volume far exceeds the capacity of the road. According to report by the city of Greensboro, Horse Pen Creek Road currently sees about 18,000 vehicles per day (based on 2011 statistics) and it expects that traffic to increase to about 24,000 vehicles per day by 2035.
- News14: "Greensboro homeowners weigh in on road-widening plans"
- News 14 Carolina: "Residents Weigh in on Road Widening Project"
- 88.5 WWFD: "Greensboro Residents Worry About Possible Eminent Domain"
- WFMY News: "Horse Pen Creek Expansion: 156 Properties Affected"
- Right-of-Way Acquisition - Spring 2013
- Construction - Summer 2015
Right-of-way acquisitions are scheduled to begin in the spring of 2013. A budget for these takings has not been released.
If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys for a free case evaluation.