As part of the 2035 Winston-Salem Urban Area Long Range Transportation Plan, the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) is planning to extend Macy Grove Road from just north of Old U.S. 421/East Mountain Street to N.C. 150 near its intersection with Edwards Mill Rd.
This effort is the second part of an overall transportation master plan to enhance traffic flow and improve access to key areas of Kernersville. Part 1 (U-2800 completed in 2015) widened parts of Macy Grove Road and extended it from Old Greensboro Road to north of Old U.S. 421/East Mountain Street as well as constructed an interchange at I-40.
This second phase aims to:
- Connect I-40 Business and N.C. 150 north of Kernersville
- Reduce congestion at the N.C 66/150 interchange in downtown Kernersville
- Provide access to a planned industrial and commercial area around the existing Macy Grove Road bridged crossing of I-40 Business
- Provide a segment of the future Kernersville Loop Road
- Right-of-Way Acquisition: December 2016 and early 2017
- Start Construction: Mid 2018
- End Construction: 2019
Get a free case
There are only a handful of attorneys in NC who practice eminent domain exclusively, and even fewer with NCDOT experience. We have several. That’s why its worth getting in touch with us for a free case evaluation.
Here’s how it works:
1) Tell us about your situation.
2) We research your property as needed, using DOT maps, our own technology, and experience to see the exact effects.
3) We let you know what we think a fair offer would be. This evaluation is free, and there’s no
pressure or obligation to hire us after.
But please don’t wait to act. Waiting can hurt your case, and the cost is the same: free.
"*" indicates required fields