The NCDOT plans to construct an overpass interchange at the existing intersection of Shortcut Road (NC 11 / SR 1212) and Old NC 11 (SR 1213) as well as a grade separation at Modlin Hatchery Road (SR 1130).
This is the first phase of a two-phase plan to widen a 7.8-mile stretch of NC 11 / US 13 from just south of the NC 561 intersection near the Ahoskie Inn to just south of the US 13 / US 158 / NC 45 intersection at Winton.
Because the accident rate along NC 11 and US 13 is higher than the statewide average, proponents suggest these upgrades will help improve safety along that corridor.
- Right-of-way Acquisition: 2016
- Construction Start Date: 2017
- Construction End Date: 2019
Get a free case
There are only a handful of attorneys in NC who practice eminent domain exclusively, and even fewer with NCDOT experience. We have several. That’s why its worth getting in touch with us for a free case evaluation.
Here’s how it works:
1) Tell us about your situation.
2) We research your property as needed, using DOT maps, our own technology, and experience to see the exact effects.
3) We let you know what we think a fair offer would be. This evaluation is free, and there’s no
pressure or obligation to hire us after.
But please don’t wait to act. Waiting can hurt your case, and the cost is the same: free.
"*" indicates required fields