The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) plans to implement new access management strategies along US 23/US 441 from the US 64 interchange ramps to just past Wide Horizon Drive/ Belden Circle in Franklin. The project will include a raised median along its length that will limit some left hand turns onto US 23/US 441. As part of the project, Boyd Lane will be connected to Belden Circle roughly 200 feet further north of its current intersection.
- Right-of-way acquisition – 2017
- Start construction – 2018
- End construction – 2019
It is estimated that more than 15 parcels of property will be impacted by this project. Currently the NCDOT has set aside $590,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys (four of whom previously worked on behalf of the NCDOT) for a free case evaluation.
Get a free case
There are only a handful of attorneys in NC who practice eminent domain exclusively, and even fewer with NCDOT experience. We have several. That’s why its worth getting in touch with us for a free case evaluation.
Here’s how it works:
1) Tell us about your situation.
2) We research your property as needed, using DOT maps, our own technology, and experience to see the exact effects.
3) We let you know what we think a fair offer would be. This evaluation is free, and there’s no
pressure or obligation to hire us after.
But please don’t wait to act. Waiting can hurt your case, and the cost is the same: free.
"*" indicates required fields