The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) plans to reconstruct and upgrade a 1.2-mile section of US 421/I-40 Business from west of Fourth Street to east of Church Street. Plans include a multi-use path from Fourth Street to Liberty Street, interchange modifications, pavement reconstruction, and replacing multiple bridges (NCDOT TIP #U-2827B).
The overall project will be accomplished in two phases. This project page features Phase II – removing and repaving the interstate and replacing multiple bridges. Business I-40 will be closed for about two years while the NCDOT:
- Replaces the Fourth Street Bridge
- Replaces and widen the Peters Creek Parkway Bridge
- Replaces the Green Street Bridge with a pedestrian bridge
- Replaces the Broad Street Bridge over Business 40
- Replaces the Business 40 Bridge over Brookstown Avenue
- Removes the Spruce Street Bridge
- Constructs the Marshall Street Bridge
- Constructs the Cherry Street Bridge
- Constructs the Strollway Pedestrian Bridge over Business 40
- Constructs the Liberty Street Bridge over Business 40
- Constructs the Main Street Bridge over Business 40
- Constructs the Church Street Bridge
- Right-of-way acquisition – in progress
- Start Construction – 2018
- End Construction – 2020
Get a free case
There are only a handful of attorneys in NC who practice eminent domain exclusively, and even fewer with NCDOT experience. We have several. That’s why its worth getting in touch with us for a free case evaluation.
Here’s how it works:
1) Tell us about your situation.
2) We research your property as needed, using DOT maps, our own technology, and experience to see the exact effects.
3) We let you know what we think a fair offer would be. This evaluation is free, and there’s no
pressure or obligation to hire us after.
But please don’t wait to act. Waiting can hurt your case, and the cost is the same: free.
"*" indicates required fields