The North Carolina Department of Transportation plans to make major changes to the 5.5-mile stretch of US 17 from Washington Acres Road to Sloop Point Loop Road in Hampstead. Changes include:
- Revising the northern interchange to improve safety and access and to reduce impacts
- Relocating the mid-town interchange to Hoover Road, which will give South Topsail Elementary School a second entrance and exit and ease congestion to Hoover Road and US 17
The project will begin with an interchange at NC 210 before extending northeast and crossing Hoover Road. Construction will continue northeast behind Topsail Elementary School and veer east to connect with US 17 near Leeward Lane. From Leeward Lane the project continues north to Sloop Point Road on the current US 17 route.
US 17 along this route will be reconstructed as a superstreet.
WilmingtonBiz: Military Cutoff Extension Readies for Construction
- Right-of-way acquisition – 2018
- Start Construction – 2020
- End Construction – 2023
It is estimated that more than 245 parcels of property will be impacted by this project. Currently the NCDOT has set aside $5,291,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys (four of whom previously worked on behalf of the NCDOT) for a free case evaluation.
Get a free case
There are only a handful of attorneys in NC who practice eminent domain exclusively, and even fewer with NCDOT experience. We have several. That’s why its worth getting in touch with us for a free case evaluation.
Here’s how it works:
1) Tell us about your situation.
2) We research your property as needed, using DOT maps, our own technology, and experience to see the exact effects.
3) We let you know what we think a fair offer would be. This evaluation is free, and there’s no
pressure or obligation to hire us after.
But please don’t wait to act. Waiting can hurt your case, and the cost is the same: free.
"*" indicates required fields