NC 43 Connector Route Construction
The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) has been working to extend a 2.3-mile section of the NC 43 Connector from US 17 Business (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard) to South of US 70/US. 17 on a new location in Craven County
This NC 43 Connector is proposed as a four-lane, median-divided, partial control of access facility on the new location.
This is part of a larger overall NCDOT effort ( NCDOT TIP # R-4463) to try to help boost economic development in Craven County and to provide more direct access to US 70, which would help reduce traffic congestion between NC 43/NC 55 and US 70. Other goals are to try to:
- Alleviate existing and future congestion
- Improve mobility in the region
- Improve reliability of the road network
- Upgrade the corridor consistent with government plans
- Provide connectivity in the local community
- Reduce traffic collisions
Residents have mixed opinions about the new route.
- Right-of-way acquisition – 2018
- Start Construction – 2019
- End Construction – 2020
It is estimated that more than 12 parcels of property will be impacted by this project. Currently, the NCDOT has set aside $1,725,000 for right-of-way takings. If your property will be affected, contact one of our attorneys (four of whom previously worked on behalf of the NCDOT) for a free case evaluation.
Get a free case
There are only a handful of attorneys in NC who practice eminent domain exclusively, and even fewer with NCDOT experience. We have several. That’s why its worth getting in touch with us for a free case evaluation.
Here’s how it works:
1) Tell us about your situation.
2) We research your property as needed, using DOT maps, our own technology, and experience to see the exact effects.
3) We let you know what we think a fair offer would be. This evaluation is free, and there’s no
pressure or obligation to hire us after.
But please don’t wait to act. Waiting can hurt your case, and the cost is the same: free.